We were supposed to pick one student from our 3rd period class that had the best costume and send them down for the school-wide costume contest.
We selected 4 students to vote on and they perfectly represented the 4 kinds of kids that dress up.
1. Slutty Popular Girl- Strawberry Shortcake
2. Class Clown- She dressed up as the Cat in the Hat complete with her whole face painted.
3. Annoying Boy That Thinks He's Cool- He bought costume that was a magnet with rubber ducks on it and was a "chick magnet"
4. Kid Who Cares Too Much- She made her own Beauty and the Beast yellow gown, hand sewn and perfect. (Sadly, I knew that she couldn't win because she wasn't popular enough.)
I could have told you that #2 was going to be our winner, but the other kids wanted to vote. I told the kids they could only vote once, so they should pic their favorite. Number 1 got 5 boys to vote for her (of course). Number 2 got 20 votes. Number 3 got NO votes and suddenly screamed, "You're all a bunch of DICKS!"
...Wait...I had to do a double take. Did a boy just scream a curse word in the middle of my class in the middle of Utah? I almost wanted to congratulate him, but instead I assigned him a one-page apology essay. I tried to scan it in, but I’m not too tech savy. Here is his letter, complete with misspellings and other beautiful teenage nonsense.
Opaligy Letter
Sorry about saying that word in class. I am trully sorry it just slipped. Normalley I try not to say things like that so I am truly sorry. I promise to you it will never happen again. Sometimes people say things on acsident that they did not mean to say and thats what happened to me. Please except my opaligy. I was just messing around and mint to say jerks. The next time this happens you can make me write 5 pages. I swear to you though it will never happen again. I even ment to say jerks in a mess around way and not even in a mean way. It is just that I know I had the best costome and their just being jerks for not picking me cuz I woulda totally won the hole contest. It is a terreble word that I never say and try to avoid saying all the time. Im notmally such a good kid and my parents would kill me if they knew I said that word. Please forgive me and except my opaligyIs it wrong that I want to “except” his apology but make him rewrite this whole essay and fix his spelling. I love the part where he says that he never uses “dick” outside my classroom. I also like him trying to make sure that I won’t tell his parents because they’d probably do him bodily harm. Ahhh teenagers.
I can’t believe that part of my job is that I still have to act shocked when I hear a curse word.
2 comments:
That is allsome.
I so miss teaching middle school...until I read something like that. So funny!
Post a Comment