Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Monotone from Minnesota Seeks SWF for LOOOONG Lunch


Yet another blind date and yet another strikeout. This one fit the usual description of tall, Mormon, old, and defective. He was 35 years old but looked closer to 45. I don’t have any daddy issues, so someone that looks that old is usually a turn off. Combine that with a monotone voice and no sense of humor, and you have the longest hour and a half of my life. I don’t think a meal has ever felt so tiresome and drawn out.

Someone once said that even if the date seems a total bust, at least you got a free meal out of it. I would have gladly paid for my own food, if it meant that I wouldn’t have had to endure such riveting conversations as:

  1. Why aren’t you married?
  2. The economy according to me
  3. Let me tell you about my perfect family
  4. Why Minnesota is such a great place to raise kids
  5. My crazy ex-girlfriends and their lives

No comments: