
I am so sick of girls dressing up as slutty (fill in the blank) for Halloween that I decided to go in the opposite direction. I was an Oompa Loompa. I almost chose to wear 8 inch, platform, plastic, stripper shoes with my costume and go as a Slutty Oompa Loompa, but I figured no one would find that funny but me.
(Picture- My brother and I on Halloween.)
Why is it that when you leave the house with no makeup on and wearing sweats to run to the store or decide to dress up silly instead of sexy for Halloween that you inevitably run into all the hot people that are never there when you look cute? This is some sort of Murphy’s Law. Anyway, I went out on Halloween and ran into one of the cutest boys I’ve seen since I moved to Salt Lake City. He was dressed as Freddy Krueger and he was looking at me. I looked back. He looked back. I kept glancing in his direction, and in my head, we were totally flirting. Then he caught my eye for like the 5th time and made a weird face. I suddenly had a moment of self-awareness. I realized that I wasn’t a “cute girl”; I was the creepy Oompa Loompa that was staring at the hot guy. There is no way that he could look at me, in the Oompa Loompa costume, and think that I was attractive. I almost laughed out loud at myself and then slunk back into the crowd quickly. WHY?!!
4 comments:
Halloween is about looking hot and getting some play. Slutty and hot are not synonyms. You always look great.
That said, the most guys hit on me (by far) the years I went as Pippi Longstocking. I highly recommend it.
If an Oompa Loompa was hot, it would be you, lady!
I have a 'no sexy costumes' rule, and one year I was Frida Kahlo, complete with mustache and uni brow drawn in. No one hit on me.
I once went to a Halloween party dressed as the Grandma from Little Red Riding Hood. All the other women were dressed sexy, so I kept hitting the men with my purse and cane for leering at them.
cracking up. i had the exact same experience, i think it was in 1994? I was dressed up as Pat, from Saturday Night Live. I had a pillow stuffed in the front, and that wig and glasses. I was trying my best to flirt also, and had the same realization that i was UGLY. worse than ugly. thanks for bringing back that memory, but i'm glad someone else agrees not to do the skanky costume. and your first commenter betsy? I was with her when she was Pippi and she was hilarious. and a magnet too.
Post a Comment