So today I went into work about 10 minutes before the bell rang and realized that I had no lesson plan for the day. I quickly made something up. I decided that my kids were going to write New Year’s resolutions. I wrote a bunch of categories on the board to spark some ideas: service, character, talents, friendship, health, family, spiritual, school, and money.
These are some of my favorite responses:
(I have not changed any wording or spelling)
- I will start saving money for collage.
- I will enjoy nature for 1 hour every week.
- When I’m hungry, I won’t eat.
- Ill cheep my grades above a C.
- I’ll eat baked chips instead of fried chips.
- I’m going to play with the elderly.
- I’m going to stop smoking so much pot. (this from the kid that just moved into my class from Juvi)
- I’m going to be more spiritual by going to church a couple of times.
- I’ll talk to that kid that just moved in across the street unless he’s a dork or annoying.
- I won’t have a negative attitude about service, act as if I like doing acts of kindness for free.
- I’ll build up my scrapbooking talent by scrapbooking more.
- I’ll work out by playing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) every day.
- I’ll eat a salad for the first time and lose 5 lbs.
- I will be nicer to people I personally think are pathetic and desperate.
- I want to color my hair lighter so people stop thinking I’m goth instead of just a kid that happens to have black hair.
- I will be more interactive with my passion for hunting.
I take it back. My students are hilarious!
1 comment:
Okay, I laughed aloud at the goth kid remark...that's hilarious!
Post a Comment