Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Julia Goolia

We had a substitute teacher show up today named Mike Butshove. Really? If you have a last name like that, I would assume that you would be smart enough to either change it, or not ever think about working around children. I feel sorry for Mr. Butshove today. The kids keep coming in high-fiving each other for their various wisecracks at this poor man. "I told him what he could shove up his butt." "ha ha ha ha."

Part of me blames him for not knowing better and part of me pities him. I love being a Scott. Then again, my first name is Virginia. This was the source of much humor in junior high and high school. I was called everything from Virgin to Vagina. The first I preferred, and the second I tolerated and pretended didn’t bother me. When you’ve got a name like Virginia, you’ve got to have some thick skin. I wonder how thick skinned Mr. Butshove is.

5 comments:

Jody said...

NO WAY!!

Did he try to pretend it was pronounced some innocent sounding way?? Teachers always did that at my school. Mr. Wacker insisted that his name was pronounced Walker, it so didn't happen.

Betsy said...

And this is why Mr. Butshove will remain in sub purgatory forever, wondering why he can never obtain his own classroom.

We have an author visting our offices on Friday named Gale H. Roid. I keep telling people that the H. stands for "Hema". If you are going to include the H with Roid, you have to expect that. I mean, at this stage, I'm not surprised by "Betsy Wetsy" or "Barfbold."

Anonymous said...

We had a teacher in high school named Richard Weed. But he seriously did not go by Richard. He went by the so much better nickname of Dick. Dick Weed. Drivers' Ed. True story.

miss. chief said...

what about Bob Loblaw, the boring professor at my ex-university.
WHY DON'T PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THESE THINGS WHEN NAMING THEIR CHILDREN/CHOOSING CAREERS?

my word verification is "reamer"
no joke

Dallas said...

One of my Russian professors at UT was named Elena Lifshitz. Butshove is worse.