
I loved the fact that after I wrote my last blog I was flooded with calls, texts, and emails of friends willing to ship me pain pills. You know you have a true friend when they volunteer to overnight you some hydrocodine. That is what friends are for!
I stayed pretty immobile all weekend. The doctor that lives across the street came back from Italy late Saturday night. I was practically waiting on his doorstep when he got home. He told me to take some anti-inflammatory drugs and start alternating ice and heat packs every few hours. By Sunday afternoon I felt like a new woman. I felt so good that I talked my sister and friend Jody into going to a dessert meet and greet party. I wasn’t dying to go, but I’d been cooped up in the house for days and was going a little stir crazy. I knew I was bored when my biggest event of the whole weekend was when I took enough painkillers to walk around Ross Friday night to browse around.
My sister, Jody and I walked into the dessert party last night and of course I see the guy that broke my rib. I tried not to be noticed, but when you are almost 6 feet tall and the guy is 6’7, it is pretty much impossible. I had been avoiding his calls all weekend and said I was way too sore to move or have company over to the house. Yup, There I was…walking, talking, and wearing makeup. I tried to tell him that I felt miraculously better just hours before due to my doctor’s advice, but I think we both knew what was really going on. Awkward.
Anyway, I’m feeling better and am at work today. I don’t think those things really should go in the same sentence, but oh well.
3 comments:
Broken ribs AND awkward encounter with the guy who injured you?! I am so, so, sorry that you don't drink. Dr. Betsy would have prescribed a bottle of wine for that. (But then again, I am not a real doctor. Don't listen to me.)
Glad you are feeling better!
oh god, he actually tried to call you all weekend? does he really think he will get another date?
omg. THAT guy will be alone forever. ;)
Glad to her u are feeling better.
Wow, and he's still single?! Shocker. Glad you called it quits after date one...and hopeful he won't be visiting the Cayamo cruise this year. You, however, are a catch. He's probably kicking himself for blowing his chance with you!
PS: Casey, I think you are the perfect age!
Post a Comment