Being newlyweds means lots of changes, and I'm not just talking about sexy outfits here. Actually I'm talking about something not-so-sexy-- CHORES. After only a few months of living together we're having those new-roommate type discussions. You know, the discussion that takes place with your roomies before you start making "cute" signs and putting them up around the apartment/house that say cheery things like "Please wash your dishes" and "Don't forget to put your clothes in your hamper," when the notes you really want to post are, "Listen Pig, put your damn plate in the dishwasher. It isn't that hard!"
Anyway, this past week we were discussing the household chores that need to get done and it went something like this.
Me: What jobs around the house do you want to be responsible for?
Blair: I already have a job AND I go to grad school at night. Isn't that enough?
Me: No! I have a job too and we both need to share household responsibilities.
Blair: Okay fine, then I'll take Job Supervisor.
Me: A. that's not a job option B. If it were an option, I'm pretty sure I would have taken it already.
Blair: I already take out the trash because you just claim it's too "icky" to touch.
Me: It is "icky" and that's why it's a boy-job. What else do you want to do?
Blair: I don't WANT to do anything.
Me: (getting irritated) If you don't pick something, then I'm just going to have to assign you jobs.
Blair: Okay, Okay...I'll be in charge of all snow removal of the driveway, sidewalk, and cars in the winter. I will also wake up in time to preheat your car.
Me: Trash and Snow Removal? (thinking about how much I HATE snow) Hmmm...that sounds fair. I'll take on all other jobs in exchanged for never having to scrape ice, snow, or get into a cold car in the morning. DEAL!
Blair: Wow, that was easy.
Me: You have no idea how much I hate being cold, which is why when we move to Texas in two years we can adjust your chore list.
2 comments:
It sounds like you have met your match! Or, you are cleverly letting him believe that...!
So glad you are back with the blog! I have missed it so!
(I figured I better post while I can before I have a baby and can't do anything selfish anymore.)
the joke's on you-- he can get a remote ignition for the car-- $99. He presses a button and WHAMMO! car started with heat and defrost. ten minutes later, his job is done with only a keypress: http://www.gadgetshack.com/aurecarst.html
Post a Comment